Free MLS Search | View all Homes For Sale in Arcadia - Arcadia Proper - Arcadia Lite - Lower Arcadia - Phoenix 85018 and Scottsdale 85251
Homes For Sale in Arcadia - Arcadia Proper - Arcadia Lite - Lower Arcadia - Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona 85018 & 85251
BiltmoreLiving.com All Homes for SaleArizona Biltmore
"Camelback Corridor & Arcadia" Area Luxury Homes for Sale
"Paradise Valley" Luxury Homes for Sale
Unique Marketing offerings include - HD Photography - Panoramic Photography - HD Video Production - High Quality Print Materials all with a Global Reach.
ResideArcadia.com - Homes Selling Strategies and Quality Marketing - Inquire About Our Unique High Quality, One of A Kind Marketing For Each and Every Home We Sell
Have Your Home Listed and Sold with Quality and Care - Call Brian Dunshie 480.522.6818 - Ariel Drone Photography - HD Twilight Photography - Custom Video Productions
Special loans are availble for Physicians, PhD, Dentists, and CPAs. Brian Dunshie specializes in Physician Relocation. Please call Brian for more info 480-522-6818
SIR "RESIDE MAGAZINE"
"Sotheby's Wine" Onliine Wine
"RLSIR Digital Magazine"
Brian Dunshie's "Listing Presentation"
Sotheby's World of Art
Follow Me on "Facebook"
Brian Dunshie's "Blog"
RESIDE ARCADIA - About Phoenix Real Estate and the neighborhoods of Arcadia
Arcadia has been around since 1919 and is considered to be one of the premier neighborhoods in all of Phoenix. Arcadia is known for its magnificent ranch style custom homes with a variety of architectural styles, large lots, lush manicured lawns, mature trees and Oleanders, and last but not least wonderful views of Camelback Mountain. Arcadia covers a large area and has a number of unique subdivisions to choose from, some of my favorites are: Arcadia Manors, Arcadia Estate, Vineyards at Arcadia, Green Gate and Del Ray Estates.
When looking for Phoenix homes for sale in Arcadia, you'll find a wide variety of architectural styles, from sprawling, 4- to 5-bedroom ranches built in the postwar era to revivals and pueblo-style homes dating to the late 1920s and early '30s. There are quite a few new homes for sale; where older homes are torn down in favor of starting fresh, the builder typically remains true to the unique architectural character of the area. There are plenty of swimming pools, and many homes have guest houses.
Lots are typically at least a half acre, and are often much larger, with lush, green lawns and well-manicured landscaping, predominantly of brightly colored (and privacy-giving) oleander hedges, swaying palms, and the citrus trees that made Arcadia in such demand with Phoenix real estate seekers.
Arcadia is a true desert oasis of beautifully landscaped Phoenix homes was named for Virgil's Arcadia: a peaceful, pastoral region of ancient Greece. In the early 1920s, the land to the south of majestic Camelback Mountain went up for sale at 35 cents an acre. It was mostly sold in 5-acre parcels as citrus orchards—that is, after the Arcadia Water Company began irrigating. Today, Arcadia residents enjoy a well-meshed neighborhood of spacious, architecturally interesting homes and the lush remnants of the area's rural past.
Top Ten Reasons Residents Love Arcadia
Aside from Arcadia being named a "Best Place to Live" by Money magazine, and it's not hard to figure out what's to love. Here are just ten of the many reasons:
10. Unique spirit of place. According to Where to Live in Phoenix, "Arcadia casts a spell like no other neighborhood in the Valley of the Sun." Watch the sun set over Camelback Mountain from anywhere in the area and you'll understand why.
9. Irrigated lots mean taller trees, abundant plant life, and cooler temperatures (by as much as 5 to 10 degrees compared to surrounding areas).
8. The schools are some of the best in the state.
7. Shopping. Nearby Scottsdale and The Biltmore Fashion Park will satisfy anyone's taste for art, fashion, and fun.
6. Dining in Scottsdale, the Biltmore area, and nearby resorts offers a huge variety of flavors and experiences from casual and quick to five-star elegant. La Grande Orange Grocery and Pizzeria is a very popular neighborhood eatery with a plethora of mouth watering dishes.
5. Hiking Camelback Mountain is a favorite challenge of the fit and fabulous from all over the Phoenix area.
4. Arcadia News, a neighborhood paper, offers updates exclusively of interest to Arcadia residents, as well as classifieds, local restaurant reviews, and (in the online edition) links to community services.
3. A clean, well-kept cluster of homes tucked between the best areas of Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arcadia has a small community feel but enjoys the amenities of a big city.
2. No tract Phoenix homes for sale here; Arcadia is all about homes with character.
1. Location, location, location. All of the above, and fast access to anywhere in the valley. Arcadia is just 10-15 minutes from downtown or the airport, and just five minutes from the freeway system.
Note that if you love the Arcadia area but don't have the budget to support an estate, Arcadia Lite (to the west) offers mid-range prices for charming homes (mostly Ranch-style, built in the 50s and 60s). While you won't have a lush, green Arcadia estate with acreage, you will still have the Arcadia feel as you meet your neighbors over coffee at the bustling La Grande Orange market or over a glass of wine at Postino's Winebar (40th Street & Campbell). Entry level begins at around the high $200,000. + range
To learn more about Phoenix real estate or making Arcadia your own home, call me at 480-522-6818
Whether you are buying or selling a home in the Arcadia area, I'm here to assist you. I professionally represent both buyers and sellers throughout Arcadia and the Biltmore Area. Whether it's a truly unique custom ranch style home, or a single family home you can rely on me to ensure a smooth and successful transaction.
Thank you, and I look forward to helping you with your next real estate transaction in the Arcadia neighborhoods of
Phoenix and Scottsdale.
Russ Lyon | Sotheby's International Realty
Reside Arcadia .com Russ Lyon Sotheby's International Realty AzParadiseLiving@mac.com Direct - 480-522-6818